Crimson 3 Programming

fannar

Good day

I'm looking for a way to let crimson 3 monitor 3 temperatures from modbus then i want crimson to "GotoPage" when these 3 temps have reach their goal temp.

i have tried to pgrogramm a button to run this short program
if(real_temp >= 50 && real_temp2 >= 60 && real_temp3 >= 70){
GotoPage(page2);
}

and as u might guess i doesn't work

Is there a way to monitor these 3 temps and go to page2 when all of them are equal or higher then setpoints ?

Is the only way to run a program when executed by user ?
Or can they be executed at all times ?

Regards
Fannar

Good day

I'm looking for a way to let crimson 3 monitor 3 temperatures from modbus then i want crimson to "GotoPage" when these 3 temps have reach their goal temp.

i have tried to pgrogramm a button to run this short program
if(real_temp >= 50 && real_temp2 >= 60 && real_temp3 >= 70){
GotoPage(page2);
}

and as u might guess i doesn't work

Is there a way to monitor these 3 temps and go to page2 when all of them are equal or higher then setpoints ?

Is the only way to run a program when executed by user ?
Or can they be executed at all times ?

Regards
Fannar

There are ways to set a program to run without operator intervention, but the issue sometimes is that the tag isn't read unless it is currently visible on the screen.

On the Properties Tab of the Program, try setting the Execution Task to one of the Background ones and then set External Data to Read Always.

Then set up the Program to be called from the system On Tick event. It is found on the Global Tab of the Pages Root. On
Tick means that it is called every second - that's probably the easiest way to run the program.

Another way that wouldn't require user intervention would be to create an additional flag tag, call it 'AtGoalTemp' or something. Put in your conditional statement "real_temp >= 50 && real_temp2 >= 60 && real_temp3 >= 70" as the tag data. This formula tag will now become true when all three temps go above their setpoints. Now create an 'Active On' Trigger for the AtGoalTemp tag, with the action "GotoPage(page2)". Tag triggers work on rising edge signals, so the GotoPage action will only be executed once each time AtGoalTemp goes from false to true.

Thanks to all of you guys!

Solved this like this

All of the rising temp tags has a trigger that triggers the same program

In the program i check all 3 temperatures if they are within setpoint +/- 1°C

Works like a charm

Regards
Fannar