Clock Time

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.

Quick question about the clock tag in v20 RSL5K.

In my screen shot you will see two online PLCs. I copied the entire clock routine as well as the UDT of PLC,,, that also contains a UDT called PLCClock, I imported as well from the other projects export. Why is it that the L45 project the tag. "PLC.Clock.DTstr" looks different from the other
L43 project. The L45 project has dashes and colons and I can use on screen in the HMI, the other looks like gibberish.

What could be a possible cause / solution.

Thanks to any reply!

clock.jpg

I would suspect there was more code that you didn't copy that formatted that string in the L45 for that format that you don't have in the L43.

I got it.... Once again, shortly after posting the question it bit me right in arce!

There are tags for PLC.STR.Dash, and PLC.STR.Colon and space, ect.... These tags had blank values that I had to fill in.....

Its looking better now.

Thanks