Studio 5000 Logix Emulate

RamEgy

Dear all,
I have studio 5000 V30 and Studio 5000 Logix Emulate V32
I'm trying to add controller but I always receive this error message "Internal error failed to install studio 5000 logix emulate in slot!"

I'm trying to repair it and perform the solution was mentioned before in another thread, could anyone can help.

thanks

Initially avoid creating a controller in Slot 0 or Slot 1. Those slots are used by default for FactoryTalk Linx (slot 0) and RSLinx Classic )Slot 1).

Those CAN be changed, but they are used by default.

OG

Already once I opened the emulator, I found slot 0 occupied with RS Linx and slot 1 is occupied with "ES", and this message is appears when I try to add emulator controller in slot 2

Clear, Finally What I Want to know, before I connect with studio5000, why i can't add the emulator controller regardless the studio 5000 version, which means I must find the problem in communication not in adding the controller.

There was an issue like what you describe when you only had RSLinx Enterprise (or FactoryTalk Linx) without also having RSLinx Classic installed. It was first identified with v30 of Studio 5000. I'm guessing that is why it is no longer considered compatible.

Version 33 of Emulate appears to have resolved this and it is compatible with Logix v30.

I was able to use version 32 Emulate with Studio 5000 v21 through v33 without issue. But I had RSLinx Classic already installed.

So, if you haven't installed RSLinx Classic, try that first. If that doesn't work, get Emulate v33.

OG

I just wish I had kept, even framed, the email response I got from A-B in USA when I discovered that RSLogixEmulate does a few things "differently" than a hardware controller does.

This was many many years ago, probably circa Logix5000 Revision 10 or thereabouts, possibly even earlier ....

I won't bore you with the details, but it was basically that the parameter passing order in JSRs a RETs was reversed, which meant that we could not use Emulate with our company and client software standards.

The email stated, and I won't use quote marks, for fear of being sued .... RSLogix5000Emulate is a cut-down version of SoftLogix, and since the developers of SoftLogix were not given a specification to work to, they did nothing wrong.

Slippery shoulder response, if you ask me. The specification was up there for all to see !

From that moment on, the company, and its client base, refused to allow emulation on any of its FAT procedures, it had to be a duplicate hardware set, or the actual set that was going to go into the panel.

To quote the great philosopher Jesus Quintana:

I'm sure that quote was relevant, although way above me, despite doing research "Jesus Quintana", "John Turturro", "The Big Lebowski", finally ending up.... nowhere.

That was, until I googled the quote...

"You might fool the fvc%s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus! It's bush league psych-out stuff! Laughable, man! HA HA!"

Spot-On !!🍻

I'm sure that quote was relevant, although way above me, despite doing research "Jesus Quintana", "John Turturro", "The Big Lebowski", finally ending up.... nowhere.

That was, until I googled the quote...

"You might fool the fvc%s in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus! It's bush league psych-out stuff! Laughable, man! HA HA!"

Spot-On !!🍻

Their response seemed pretty Busch League to me :) And laughable.

I just wish I had kept, even framed, the email response I got from A-B in USA when I discovered that RSLogixEmulate does a few things "differently" than a hardware controller does.
Is one of those things the byte order in a COP instruction? I was playing with one of those in the simulator and couldn't get the right order between the raw data and formatted data structure, despite following the manufacturer's instructions.

Is one of those things the byte order in a COP instruction? I was playing with one of those in the simulator and couldn't get the right order between the raw data and formatted data structure, despite following the manufacturer's instructions.

I don't know how COP can possibly get byte order wrong, when it is simply a byte-for-byte copier, and does not do any manipulation pertaining to data-types whatsoever.

Byte 0 from the source goes into byte 0 of the destination, then byte 1, repeat until the calculated number of bytes has been copied.

I've used COP (CPS) to put REALS into an existing DINT array for messaging to another controller. Of course the receiving controller need to do the opposite CPS to recover the REALs.