SCADAPack 334 programming

jedft

Hi all! I have lots of experience programming AB w/500&5000 and some Schneider PLCs with Unity and SoMachine (and PL7/TwidoSuite but I don't talk about those dark days). I have a new project with SCADAPack 334E's and I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect here. What is going to be the easiest software package to use to program these for someone with my background?

These are fairly simple applications so no crazy logic or comms requirements. There is a SCADA system that it has to talk to through MDS radios.

Thanks for your input!

Fairly new to SCADAPack too but for the E series of RTU's typically you will need to use the SCADAPack E-Configurator and SCADAPack Workbench Software. I am pretty sure you can flash the firmware to be able to use Telepace Studio if you want.

SCADAPack Workbench looks almost identical to AB's Connected Component Workbench so if you are familiar with CCW you may like Workbench. It has all the IEC languages so if you like to use FB or ST this is the way to go. There are some YouTube videos that show some workbench programming. You may want to look at them before you decide.

Telepace is ladder only and not too bad to use, but the interface and graphics are very "dated" so if you are used to AB 500 and 5000 it will take some getting use to. If you are a ladder only guy you may like the simplicity of Telepace over Workbench. I found a couple of YouTube videos on Telepace that were in English but most seem to be in other languages but may be helpful anyway.

Hope this helps. Like I said I am fairly need to SCADAPack too.

I always forget about YouTube. That's a great idea, thanks!

I'm sure I'll probably go with Workbench. Outdated interfaces and graphics are for the birds. I had a little experience dealing with SCADAPack a while back where another company provided a program written in old ISaGRAF. I somehow managed to DL the thing and start it but I never could decipher the program/addressing scheme. Hopefully workbench is slightly easier to deal with.

Is the SCADAPack 575 released in the US yet? If its available I'd certainly be looking into it.

RemoteConnect is the config and programming software. It's free. Programming IDE looks exactly like Unity Pro. I even imported a whole bunch of my Unity derived function blocks in.

This is now a stable product as of 2019. I have 3 sites already running on this hardware.

There is a lower cost 47x unit coming later in the year if price is an issue with the 575. Only 2 Ethernet ports and fewer features like DNP3 data concentrator i think, but probably still perfect for most people

I'm not sure about the E series but the 334 itself I have used both telepace studio and isagraf on. Telepace is very much like old.modicon programming interface. It's functional but can be clunky since each network is only 8 lines. You can update on the fly though. Isagraf shines for.internal tags (telepace needs a group of modbus registers for everything) building custom function blocks. Easier to read. But you have to shutdown to reload. Workbench is pretty much isagraf.

i know this may be a little late, but Bullzi the reason that it looks just like CCW is because it is Isagraf6, which Rockwell bought LOL. Its just an improvement on the older Isagraf3.55 that runs on the scadapacks that are non-E (or you can also use telepace on them ,just takes firmware flashing).