TIA portal WinCC - panel resolution is wrong in engineering

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I've encountered a problem that I wonder if anyone else has? Or maybe I'm to tired and it isn't a problem.

I was about to change a KTP700 panel to a KTP900 in the engineering view. But when I had changed it, it was all the same resolution. The text size displayed was exactly the same. If I copied an entire screen between the two panels there where no changes. When I change to KTP1200 everything works and the same text sizes are smaller on the larger panel.

/Tim

KTP700 and KTP900 have same resolution. KTP1200 is with higher resolution.
TXT-are on same pixel size on configuration, but pixel size differs on real panel so you see differ size on real panel?

I havent tested on the real panel, but the text is the same size on the 7" as on the 9" in engineering. Shouldnt the text size for example 25pt look smaller on the 9" in engineering?

Both 7" and 9" panels have resolution of 800 x 480 px.

It means that if text is 12pixels height on both panels, then it is actually bigger on 9" panel as 1 pixel is bigger mm size on bigger panel.

You need to downsize text for 9" panel (or change panel to better resolution.)

Both 7" and 9" panels have resolution of 800 x 480 px.

It means that if text is 12pixels height on both panels, then it is actually bigger on 9" panel as 1 pixel is bigger mm size on bigger panel.

You need to downsize text for 9" panel (or change panel to better resolution.)

Ok so the editor doesnt represent how it actual looks on the panel? 100% size in editor looks exactly the same in 7 and 9" in editor

I changed device to get more space to work with, but if it is as it seems like then I have to manually adjusy each screen when changing device? Seems strange to me that this is like this, really much work when changin device but only between 7 and 9

Last edited:
Strange. Thinking that size should go bigger on your engineer view also, if you change panel " size.
As screen resolution are same. On real bigger panel you have objects still actually bigger if you don't downsize objects.

It can be bug. Ask from Siemens.

Last edited:
When in the editor the view is set to 100%, then it displays the pixels on your monitor 1-to-1 like they are on the target panel (*).
The editor does not change to reflect the physical size of the panels screen. How could it ?
The editor may know the size of the operator panel, but it cannot know the size of the monitor used on the programming PC.

TP1200 is better "value for money" than TP900. You get a significant boost in resolution, and the bigger screen makes is easier to design touch buttons that are not too small to operate.

*: Be aware that there might be some small differences due to how 'real' Windows and Windows CE handle graphics. Sometimes lines are offset by a single pixel. Text fonts may have significant differences so long texts that fit on the programming PC will extend beyond the screen in the operator panel.

I have also found that the scale setting of your display can mess with things.

When in the editor the view is set to 100%, then it displays the pixels on your monitor 1-to-1 like they are on the target panel (*).
The editor does not change to reflect the physical size of the panels screen. How could it ?
The editor may know the size of the operator panel, but it cannot know the size of the monitor used on the programming PC.

TP1200 is better "value for money" than TP900. You get a significant boost in resolution, and the bigger screen makes is easier to design touch buttons that are not too small to operate.

*: Be aware that there might be some small differences due to how 'real' Windows and Windows CE handle graphics. Sometimes lines are offset by a single pixel. Text fonts may have significant differences so long texts that fit on the programming PC will extend beyond the screen in the operator panel.

Well it shouldn't be so hard to make it change size in the editor in my mind, it is so visible when you change between the two panel sizes, making it very NOT straight forward to change between them. Lucky for me it's only two screens that require larger panel so I can change panel and just let everything be.

Well it shouldn't be so hard to make it change size in the editor in my mind, it is so visible when you change between the two panel sizes, making it very NOT straight forward to change between them. Lucky for me it's only two screens that require larger panel so I can change panel and just let everything be.

Most of time text and other objects are wanted to show on same resolution on every panel.

If objects would automatically scale accordin screen size and not resolution, changing from 7" to 9" panel would allways mean that you need to reconfigre every page to new witdh and lenght and also relocate objects.

Otherwise it would only show old 7" panel configuration on center of screen. How engineering view would even know which objects you wan't to change and which ones should stay on same size than before.

Not sure if this is possible on TIA, but if you select all, group them, scale group (everything) to new size, and after scale ungroup, then objects are scaled with minimum effort. o_O

Most of time text and other objects are wanted to show on same resolution on every panel.

If objects would automatically scale accordin screen size and not resolution, changing from 7" to 9" panel would allways mean that you need to reconfigre every page to new witdh and lenght and also relocate objects.

Otherwise it would only show old 7" panel configuration on center of screen. How engineering view would even know which objects you wan't to change and which ones should stay on same size than before.

Not sure if this is possible on TIA, but if you select all, group them, scale group (everything) to new size, and after scale ungroup, then objects are scaled with minimum effort. o_O

You can choose what you want the screens to do when chaning between panels. Center with no resize, fit to screen etc. It works like a charm when migrating between 7 and 12. Screen looks the same but everything is larger.

When changing to 9" i GUESS that it works IRL but it shows very strange in the editor. It would meen that my 25p text is larger on the 9" and smaller on the 7"