RsLogix 5000 Enterprise Version could not communicate

Kalaiselvan

HI,

I have installed Rslogix 5000 Enterprise version and Rslinx Classic V3.80.00.
I can see the controller (L35) in my rslinx classic and can ping through my command prompt.

Whenever, i try to upload from controller i have error popping up.
Error Code: 80680042535 and 701-8004280C
I try to upload from other laptop and it is succesfull.

I went through forums and tried deleting harmony file and i still encounter same issue.

Please help.

Welcome to the forum!

What version(s) of RSLogix do you have installed and what version of firmware is installed in your L35E? My guess is that the issue is a version mismatch. Keep in mind, there is no such thing as backwards compatibility in Rockwell-land. For example, if your PLC has v19 firmware, you must install v19 software, installing v20 software won't help you.

The pop window with the error code almost certainly had a message with it, what was the message?

Welcome Kalaiselvan!

Some Forum advice for the future -

For errors - other than just the code number, try to give the text for a particular error, if there is any.

For software - try to give the versions of software and revisions of firmware you are referring to (Example: RSLogix 5000 v17, firmware 17.012).

For controllers - try to give the full catalog number and not just "L35" (Example: 1769-L35CR, 1769-L35E).

For communications - try to mention which communications method you are using (Example: Ethernet, serial). Further, try to give the driver used in RSLinx Classic (Example: EtherNet/IP, Ethernet devices, RS-232 DF1 devices).

Kalaiselvan said:
...Whenever, i try to upload from controller i have error popping up.
Error Code: 80680042535 and 701-8004280C...

I recognize error "701-8004280C". This is the common...

Failed to go online with the controller.
Invalid communications path or controller not responding.

Error%20701-8004280C.jpg

Error "80680042535" I don't know but my guess from this following Forum thread suggests it is the error one receives when you have already established a path to the controller but then subsequently loose said path? This Forum member was already online for several minutes before suddenly being kicked off with the same error message you appear to be receiving.

Have a look at the IP settings mentioned here too, seeing as you are similarly able to communicate with another programming machine (assuming you are using Ethernet?)...

Error 806-80042535

EDIT: I do see now you mentioned "ping" so that should have informed me of Ethernet immediately.

Regards,
George

Last edited: