GE Process Proficy Machine Edition - GE Fanuc Rx3i

joeburmeister

I have a really old "Proficy Process System 2.0 SP1" (which is now called PME).

My problem is that i have a CPU module IC695CPE305 in the Rx3i but my Proficy software doesn't list the CPE305 CPU in its catalog (it's list CPU310, CPU320, 330, etc.). I called Emerson and they said I would have to upgrade to their latest version of PME software and purchase new licensing as my existing dongle license keys wont work with the new PME.

Is this just a matter of updating the firmware so that it list the CPE305 in its catalog? Or do i have to upgrade to PME programming software 8.00 or later?+

Does anyone have access to an earlier PACSystem RX3i CPU Firmware 8.00 that supposedly supported CPE305?

Proficy Process Systems or PPS is not just PME software. PPS consists of a special PME software version called the Engineering Workstation AND a HMI component of either Cimplicity or iFix. The two pieces of software work together as a system with objects created in the PLC side also being created on the HMI side.

The PME side of PPS can be used alone and it was later made available as a standalone library package to PME professional (around v.2.5 maybe). Depending on your system, you may can upgrade the PME part alone or you may have to upgrade the entire PPS package as the two software pieces are tightly integrated.

I have installed numerous PPS systems and PPS 2.0 SP1 is very old (circa 2005 or earlier) and I remember it to be extremely buggy. Latest version of PPS is v.3.8 and has a totally different licensing scheme since Emerson took over.

I work for Emerson, send me a PM with your work email and on Monday I will see if there's anyway possible to get a 305 into PPS 2.0.