Tag addressing in citect scada

james84

Hi Guys,

currently I am working on Citect Scada project where i am using AB plc to connect with SCADA.

now, i am finding problem with addressing tags in SCADA with AB plc tags. i don't know how to find out correct addresses of general bit (general tags created during program) in AB plc and how to implement in SCADA.

if any one know the exact way to connect AB plc with Citect Scada pls let me know.

thanks in advance.

Citect can only access controller scoped tags.
for the tag address structure see the driver help for CLX in the Citect project explorer help.
Some basics are
for bit tags replace the "." with "/"
for Array tags replace the "[]" with"{}"

Is this a working project or are you starting from scratch?

Citect can only access controller scoped tags.
for the tag address structure see the driver help for CLX in the Citect project explorer help.
Some basics are
for bit tags replace the "." with "/"
for Array tags replace the "[]" with"{}"

Is this a working project or are you starting from scratch?

it is working program in plc but starting new project in citect scada....

my question is if plc tag "Machine_Running" as a general bit......what would be the address in citect scada for perticular tag..... i can't locate that address in AB plc......

where in Omron you can find address of any tags
but AB is new for me and I can't find address of any general tag....

if u can help me with this would be great...

thanks.

If Machine_Running is a controller level tag in the PLC then the Citect Address will be Machine_Running of type DIGITAL.

If Machine_Running is a controller level tag in the PLC then the Citect Address will be Machine_Running of type DIGITAL.

thanks for ur reply..

one more question. if tag name in AB plc is

Name:Local:2:I

Data Type:
AB:1756_MODULE_INT_74Bytes:I:0

what could be the Name and Address and Data type of this control tags in Scada?

thanks for ur reply..

one more question. if tag name in AB plc is

Name:Local:2:I

Data Type:
AB:1756_MODULE_INT_74Bytes:I:0

what could be the Name and Address and Data type of this control tags in Scada?

Are you trying to access IO directly?

You cannot create a structure in Citect like you can in ControlLogix. You need to drill down to the bottom of the IO structure and assign that a DIGITAL, LONG or REAL Citect data type depending on what sort IO you are trying to read.

Are you trying to access IO directly?

You cannot create a structure in Citect like you can in ControlLogix. You need to drill down to the bottom of the IO structure and assign that a DIGITAL, LONG or REAL Citect data type depending on what sort IO you are trying to read.

thanks mate,

so according to my understanding in above example.. adrress would be the same LOCAL:2:I..... and DATA type: INTEGER..
that what you are saying...

if i am wrong, can you please give me a explaination with simple example here...

i would be very greatful, if you can help me here..
Allen bradlley is bit new for me..

thanks.....🤞🏻

Hi everyone,
i use of Citect Ver 6.0 and 2 ADAM 4017+(8 analogue input) , 1 4068(8 relay output) AND 1 4520(RS232 to 422/485 converter).
i need 14 analogue input and 8 relay out put
but i can't create more than 8 analoge variable Tags (Ai0 - Ai7) and 4 Relay out put (Do0 -Do3) . when i create Address tag Ai8 or Do4 compiler will has error (Bad IO device variable )please advise me ?

Hi vazgen
you have to create 2 i/o device for 2 ADAM 4017+ ,one on for IoDev_4017_1 and another one for IoDev_4017_2 ,address are Ai0 -Ai7 for Each ADAM you have to select i/o device name separately for each variable.now you have 16 Analogue input 8 for IoDev_4017_1 from Ai0 - Ai7 and 8 for IoDev_4017_2 from Ai0 - Ai7 .

Problem For Create 8 Digital Tag in Citect Ver 6.0

anyone can help me ?
how can i create 8 digital tag for ADAM -4068 ?i use of citect 6.0 and can't create digital tag more than 4.
pls help me ?
Do0
Do1
Do2
Do3
Do4...is not possible ..error message : Bad IO Device variable