Citect SCADA 8.1 - How to log data into SQL DB table by trigger

Hello all!
I am new in Citect SCADA. I need to create material tracking system in which I have a dozen of photometric sensors. When each sensor catchs the material presense I need to write date and time value item in the SQL DB table. The table fields could be for example the following:
Piece ID - Numeric
Sensor 1 - DateTime
Sensor 2 - DateTime
Sensor 10 - DateTime

I have read a lot of information on this forum and on other resourses. How to write data into SQL table from Cicode function is more or less clear for me. But I still can't figure out how I can create a trigger for this.
Could you please give me any advice how can I solve this problem?

Best regards, Oleksandr.

This might be a bit too late, but you can create an event with your sensors as the trigger and call the function you wrote in cicode for logging the data.