RSLogix 5000 Won't Communicate

Pumba

Hello,

I am having a problem communicating with a RSLogix5000 program on a machine a usually do not have a problem connecting to. I am still a student, so I am not sure if I am missing a step in the process, but here is what I did:

- Plugged Ethernet and connector port into laptop (since machine is not on our network).
- Changed LAN connection to proper address.
- Went to RSLinx to configure drivers.

I then check RSLogix to see if the proper Ethernet IP pops up, and nothing shows up.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas to the step I'm missing.

Thank you.

Have you set up rslinx properly what is the IP address of the plc and what is the rs linx config settings? Do you have a picture of the config settings in rs linx ?

If you can normally connect to it, but aren't able to now, and can't see it on RS-Linx, it's probably your Ethernet cable. Try a new cable and see if it works?

can you see the PLC in RSlinx RSWho
if you don't see it there RSLogix5000 will never find it.
Use the Ethernet /IP Driver on the subnet it will show everything on the subnet.

If connected via rslinx, in logix always drill down to the processor using the who active (3 network node symbol, top centre) rather than the "go online" quick link in the top left (always unreliable for me)

Solution: I was changing the wrong IP address. I needed to change the IP address for the converter unit I was using (Ethernet to USB), but instead I was changing the LAN address to my computer o_O