controllogix Rslogix 5000 V16 online I/O card addition

wilsonzhu

Hi all,

Is it possible to add I/O card on controllogix controlnet network online. can I schedule the controlnet online? Further more, can I add 1756_CNB/E online too?, if it's true, I can add one more rack for controlnet online. what's the procedure when add these cards? Thanks.

I'm not sure if ver. 16 has this capability. I know ver. 17 does. Remember when adding I/O to a ControlNet network, it uses the unscheduled bandwith of the network. Therefore no scheduling is necessary.

I believe V16 was the first to be able to do this. You can add a discrete I/O card to an a rack that is configured "Rack Optimize" without having to rescheduling the network. I believe to add an analog card, it will work unscheduled until you have time to schedule the network. I am not sure you can add a ControlNet card though, never tried it.