Creating Tags in Mapping

showshocka

Hi guys. I'm having a problems with a tag that I made in logix 5000 Output Remapping. I’m showing the screen shot that I have created. I believe I missed something in making a tag in the output mapping, now when I try to locate _LT2, that I created, for my Latching output, it only shows _LT1, which was already in the project. When I try to select for my fault Routine OTL it is not listed my tag is not the tags listed. Then When I just type the name of the tag in the OTL, it says "undefined" when I already have the tag in the output mapping Routine.

_LT2undefinded.jpg

_LT2Tag.jpg

_LT2TAGG.jpg

My guess is that it was created as a program scoped tag and it is not in the program that you are trying to use it in.

Edit: For example maybe the tag was created as a program tag in P12_CIP and you are trying to use it in P11_Faults. I've had this happen when I wasn't paying close attention when I was creating the tag. It tends to remember the last place you created them.

For example maybe the tag was created as a program tag in P12_CIP and you are trying to use it in P11_Faults

I created _LT2 an localfirst, in Output mapping, then I when to the fault Routine and started running my logic. When I got to the OTL to pick it to be _LT2 it will not show in the list.

Post a screen shot of the tag properties. Sounds like it is a program scoped tag in a different program.

When you created the tag, did you just type it in above the bit. With RS5000 you have to right click then select new tag at the top of the dialog box. You need to delete the tag you have now so that the "?" is above the bit again. Hope this helps.

Mark S.

When you created the tag, did you just type it in above the bit. With RS5000 you have to right click then select new tag at the top of the dialog box Mark S.

Yes, I did Create the tag that way. Right click and then everything you said...

I have deleted it, off line. For some reason it will not let me delete the rung that I created in Output Remapping while online. I'll send other screen shots when I go out on the line, as I am creating a new tag which will be in a few minutes.

Ok, seems it was a scope conflict as to I had created my tag in P00 instead of the main scope of, Controller "X X X". So after I deleted the old tag and created another on with the main controller as the scope, it seems to have worked out. Please, open to constructive criticism if anyone see's anything not too correct. I had the operator stop the line so that I can see my timer time out and the OTL latched, I saw my _LT2 XIC go true, and my local:5:0 data 2 go true. Now my problem is that It not allow me to change the descriptor of the tag if I wanted to, in my output Remapping. How is that done? One more question, I guess unlike the SCL 500, I never picked bits for my other OTEs that weren't I/Os. Does this 5000 just us descriptors and use them as bits? And just as long as I select those exact descriptors in the project that they will work, just like how, let's say B9:1/0.

step 1.jpg

step 2.jpg

step 3.jpg

step4.jpg

step 5.jpg

Last edited: