Compactlogix Fault Routine

Naruto1

Hello Everyone,

I was impressed with the logix family of PLC's and had convinced my company to switch to them from the SLC 500. I am new to Rslogix 5000 and am still learning. I am having a problem with creating, program, controller & power up fault routines. I followed the manual perfectly and I can simulate faults but the problem that I am running into is I do not want to clear the actual faults during run mode programally but to just monitor the type and code in my RsView SE HMI and then have the operator clear the fault from the HMI instead of toggling the processor key. Now I have successfully set up my HMI to read faults only in the program fault routine, which is type 4 faults only and not the power-up or controller fault routines. The manual only really only shows examples for program faults. I have set the controller and power up main programs to use their own fault routines in the properties configuration tab just like I did for the program fault routine but I have no luck getting a fault when I simulate one with jump to subroutine block and the input parameter set to a particular fault type. Anyone know how to do power up and controller routines, is the set up different than the program fault routine? Also, how do I have a HMI button remotely clear a major fault from the control room? I have been to the Rockwell forum and I don't seem to get any responses from them and am hoping the members here can help me.

Thank you for your time