L62 controller fault program fault code 32

Probably the best way to solve this is to understand why -29 is in PV_Motion_McSpeed.

It is certainly the cause of the PLC faulting.

To compare 2 programs (going from memory so it might be off)

On the menu bar select TOOLS, then COMPARE

You will be able to select the open project or the PLC you're online with, then for the compare browse to a save of the other PLC project.

It will show any differences.

I just thought - when you swapped the PLC did you just swap just the CPU or the rack. Maybe a motion card is writing the -29

As Daba pointed the negative value is the result of some calculation inside the AOI Machine_Speed_Position
this AOI is protected and need the key to be viewed.
I think the problem may be due the feedback position of the encoder

Fault.png

@aabeck, there is only the compare tool in the tools menu, but when i go browse for the file, its looking for a compare file (.compare)

@tarick1978 i also cant see the aoio_O

The AOI is protected you will need the source key so you can view it.
Check this technote:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22601

I am not up on protected mode AOI's but can it be uploaded from one project and merged into the fault PLC without the keycode?

In case the problem is something in the AOI itself creating the -29 that the other PLC he has is not doing.

Stallone,
it might need both projects saved, I don't have a RSL5K laptop with me to be sure. In RSL500 you can upload the connected PLC or open a saved file, then compare to another saved file. I think RSL5K is similar.

I am not up on protected mode AOI's but can it be uploaded from one project and merged into the fault PLC without the keycode?

In case the problem is something in the AOI itself creating the -29 that the other PLC he has is not doing.

Stallone,
it might need both projects saved, I don't have a RSL5K laptop with me to be sure. In RSL500 you can upload the connected PLC or open a saved file, then compare to another saved file. I think RSL5K is similar.

An interesting question for me is whether the Compare tool will compare the contents of protected AOI's. If it did, pointing out differences is going to expose at least some of it, which in my mind is a bad thing to do.....