programming for pneumatic cylinder

nnp

HI,

I am a startet in PLC programming and I have taken a course for PLC programming. Currently, I am doing the project on programming different kinds of conveyors. I am facing problem on programming a pop up conveyor which is popped up by a pneumatic cylinder. The cylinder has 2 switches for controlling up stroke movement and down stroke movement. I want to know how can I program (in ladder logic) for conveyor popping up remain for 10 secs and pop down.

You will need a 10 second timer. The timer will start when the up limit switch is made. You program an output to turn on the air valve to raise the conveyor. Depending upon the air valve you have you may just turn the output back off to lower the conveyor or you will need to turn the output off + turn on another output to lower the conveyor. You will do this after the ten second timer has expired.

Show us what you have so far and then maybe we can offer more help.

BTW, which PLC are you using?