DH + Question

kbradray

I have a SLC 5/04 and I want to put it on a DH+ network. I am using a controllogix bridge to get from my business network IP subnet to my plant floor IP subnet and a DHRIO card. The DHRIO card is set up on Channel A communicating with a PLC 5. I want to use Channel B to start a new DH+ network.

Question 1. The node address for the SLC 5/04 is 1… What is the node address of Channel B? Will there be any conflicts?

Question 2. What is the default node address of SLC processors and older PLC 5 processors.
Question 3. Can a node address of a PLC on a DH+ network be changed by navigating to the processor via the network, or does one have to plug directly into the processor (in my case) via DH 485

At this time I would like to leave the node address of the SLC because it is in full production and I don’t want to take it in to program mode (down) to make changes at this time. I was hoping to put it on the network with out any downtime.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

kbradray said:
I have a SLC 5/04 and I want to put it on a DH+ network. I am using a controllogix bridge to get from my business network IP subnet to my plant floor IP subnet and a DHRIO card. The DHRIO card is set up on Channel A communicating with a PLC 5. I want to use Channel B to start a new DH+ network.

Question 1. The node address for the SLC 5/04 is 1… What is the node address of Channel B? Will there be any conflicts?
You may have different processors with identical node addresses as long as they are on separate channels.

Question 2. What is the default node address of SLC processors and older PLC 5 processors. Default is always node 1

Question 3. Can a node address of a PLC on a DH+ network be changed by navigating to the processor via the network, or does one have to plug directly into the processor (in my case) via DH 485
You may change it via the network.

At this time I would like to leave the node address of the SLC because it is in full production and I don’t want to take it in to program mode (down) to make changes at this time. I was hoping to put it on the network with out any downtime.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

BAKLAVA!

But, really, there's no reason that the SLC cannot live on the same network as the PLC5. You just need to make sure that everything is wired properly and that all addresses are unique on the network.

Thanks

Thanks all

I did just put it on channel a along with the PLC 5. Everything is happy and on line. I will change the node address whenever the machine is down and I will not bother production.

Thanks again.