PLC-5 Question for Online Addition of Flex IO AI card on Remote IO Link

usman379

Dear all,

I am facing an issue at site on a Process PLC (PLC-5) while trying to add 4 new AI channels for Flow Meters.
Location is South Sanha Offshore Platform.

We have redundant racks containing PLC-5 (1785-L80C 1.5) Processors with BCM module and power supply in each.
The IO configuration is attached, All IO are connected via Remote IO originating CPU & going to BCM and then to Remote IO Adaptors in each Rack.

We have Chassis 15 or Rack number 17 (a Flex IO node 1794-ASB on Remote IO) having only one 1794-IE8 Analog Input Card
configured.
My question is that "Can we add 2 more 1794-IE8 Analog Input Cards While Online". After Searching on Rockwell site and Knowledgebase I am unable to find a document that states this activity is possible or provides a procedure. I am Assuming that it should be possible to Add a new Flex IO module
1794-IE8 in IO Configuration, and manually add BTW and BTR instructions and rungs using existing BT Files and existing N files and make these card work.

Thanks in Advance

Online IO Config Snap.jpg

Because you are adding Block Transfer instructions and using existing Block Transfer control files and existing "Nxx:yy" data files, you can perform these actions online and in RUN mode.

However, the 1794-ASB adapter's "Rack Size" value cannot be changed online in run mode.

I cannot determine from your screenshot how large the adapter definition is (1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or Full), or what type of module is already installed on the adapter.

It is most likely that your Adapter is configured as a "1/4 rack" device. With the most common configuration (Single Slot addressing) you can add at most one Analog module online.

Post the details of the existing Adapter's "Rack Size" and what module is already present.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply.

The existing 1794-ASB adapter's "Rack Size" value is 1/4
Currently only one 1794-IE8 is installed in this rack 17, and I need to add Atleast one more 1794-IE8.