RSLOGIX5000 and panel view plus 600 project.

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello every one. I recently was given my first project to go ahead on, I'm pretty excited to get underway. We have a 1000 hp synchronous motor at the mill for chipping logs which has a solid state exciter on it. I installed the exciter and a co-worker ( which is my trainer ) had to replace the modicon PLC with a control logix due to issues with the modicon. He re-wrote the program on rslogix5000 and uploaded it onto the PLC and away we went. He now wants me to program a Panel view plus 600 to show the status of the motor when running in normal operation and have a fault screen with the list of available fault which will latch in the event of a failure. I attempted to upload the "small woodplant chipper" program in the downloads section under allen Bradley. I've never programmed a panel view before and am going to need some help for sure, not sure what kind of software I need. I have the PDF file from Rockwell on it but its quite confusing when it comes to programming the unit. I have all the addresses of the instructions in the program i'd like to use for the faults and running statuses for the unit. have a look at the program first of all to see if you can download it. thanks!

Your PLC program is downloadable.

You're going to need FactoryTalk® View Studio Machine Edition to program your PV+ 600