Omron CJ2M-CPU1 [] MODBUS RTU built in serial

medkhai

I would like to do some very simple MODBUS RTU communication using the built in port in CJ2M-CPU1[]

I have been reading in the forums and manuals and I am a bit confused about MODBUS RTU on the CJ2M-CPU1[] models.
In several scenarios I read that they require the addition of CJ1W-SCU module such CJ1W-SCU22

However on the website
http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245

there is FB and from my understanding it would allow MODBUS RTU communication using the built in port in CJ2M-CPU1[]

So is it correct to say that with the FB from http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245 the CJ2M-CPU1[] cpus support MODBUS RTU on the built in serial port?

Thank you in advance
Med.

I am an Omron user and have no idea. I do not use the onboard serial port for anything except for touch screens. IO use the SCU21 or 41 for Modbus. I normally have far too many Modbus comms and have to use 2 or 3 SCU units. I use Protocol Macro for all my modbus comms.

BobB, thank you for your answer.
Definitely I see your point that if there are multiple devices to talk to, then SCU are needed.

I will need to communicate to only one device and mostly for very simple things, that's why I'm looking to see if the builtin serial can be used with those FB.

Thanks

Hi medkhai

Did you successful to using CJ2M CPU built in port for communicating as modbus?

also I want using CP1W-CIF11 on CJ2M-CP31. is possible?

Regards
Mehdi