RX3i PAC System-Versamax Modbus RTU communication

ansariobaid

Dear Experts,

I am new to the GE Fanuc systems, I need some guidance in communication between RX3i PAC system (CPU CRU 320)and Versamax CPUE05 over Modbus RTU.

IC200CMM020 is connected as a Profinet Drop to the RX3i System through Profinet Scanner (PNS001). I would like to establish the Modbus RTU communication with the Versamax CPUE05 using port2- RS485.

I have gone through the Manual GFK 2423E and made the PLC Program as per the manual.Program description provided in the manual not helping me to understand the logic completely.

Please find the enclosed RX3i PLC Backup.

Can somebody please help me out to configure the IC200CMM020 for Modbus RTU Master?
Is there any sample program/ descriptive manual available for the same?

I will be grateful for your kind support.

The manual GFK-2721 details the operations of the IC200PNS001 which the IC200CMM020 is attached to:
"The VersaMax Serial Communications Module, IC200CMM020, operates as a Modbus RTU Master in a VersaMax I/O Station. The Serial Communications module receives commands from a remote host such as an RX3i PLC."

The Datasheet for the CMM020 is GFK-2423 it details Modbus RTU commands supported.

While downloading manuals you will also need GFK-2460, GFK-1503 and GFK-1504.

Last edited: