0-10volts simulator for my plc

ezal

goodday everyone,could you kindly advise me on how to make a simple 0-10volts simulator for my plc?pls advise

tks

thanks

morning panic mode and others.....appreciate your help in this matter....

later

0-10v input with Pot ... again

Hi, all.
This thread is 14 years old but I am trying the same thing today. I have a 9 volt battery, (9.64v on meter) going through a 10 kohm Allen Bradley pot... in series with a 10k, 3watt resister.
As I crank the pot from 0 ohm to 10k... my voltage at the input only fluctuates from 9.51v to 9.38v. The counts I am getting in the logic are right, so no problem there.
I would really like to get this program written BEFORE the 0-10v analog sensor arrives... but this simulation isn't working.
Any additional insight on this 14 year old thread?

Thanks all... and great forum by the way!🍻

Eliminate 10K resistor.
Connect + of battery on CW.
Connect - of battery on CCW, and Common of Analog Input.
Connect Wiper of pot (center terminal) to + Input of Analog card.

Last edited:
I use a PLC analog output to simulate the PLC analog input.

0 - 10V out connected to 0 - 10V in. Just add a 24V power supply.

I can program it any way I want ... even use a different PLC to do the simulating ...

I use a PLC analog output to simulate the PLC analog input.

0 - 10V out connected to 0 - 10V in. Just add a 24V power supply.

I can program it any way I want ... even use a different PLC to do the simulating ...

Good idea, but a guy lashing up paper clips with electrical tape to a 9v battery is hardly going to have a spare PLC with analogue outputs to hand.