Proficy Help

ngilbert

I am 3 PCs available to me, Plant A, Plant B, and my desktop. I have a machine at Plant B and am able to connect to the PLC, a Fanuc Series 90-30, with the Plant B PC and go online with it. If I take the A laptop to Plant B I cannot get online with the PLC using the same program, what could be causing this?

I can ping it when the Ethernet cable is plugged in to either PCs .

Sorry if this isn't worded very well I am still new to this.

Check the communication setting in Proficy on each PC. One may be using Ethernet and the other may be set to Serial.

Check your Ethernet settings on each PC. Are they nearly identical?

Have you tried backing up the working project and restoring to the other PC?

Check the wireless settings on each PC. You may need to disable the wireless.

I did move the program from the working PC to my secondary pc using the save, backup, then restore.

The Ethernet settings look identical

The wireless on/off did not make a change

I did move the program from the working PC to my secondary pc using the save, backup, then restore.

The Ethernet settings look identical

The wireless on/off did not make a change

This will not make what's in the hardware config of the CPU equal. There are likely different IPs in each CPU, try the temporary IP utility. And verify the IP is in the same mask as the port on the laptop.

This is somewhat of a long shot, but I've had it happen to me. Check the arp table in the PC that won't connect to the PLC. The arp table establishes the linkage between an IP address and a device's MAC ID. If the PC has ever been connected to a device with the same IP address as the PLC you're trying to connect to, the ARP table says the IP address is associated with the wrong device and you can't establish a connection. It may be necessary to flush the arp table to allow your PC make a new linkage between the IP address and the PLC's MAC ID.
Someone with a better understanding of networking may be better able to explain.

The IP of the PLC is 10.0.0.2

I change the IP of my laptops to 10.0.0.XX when I try and connect. The machine is at our other facility, I will be going over this morning to try some more things out.

What is the model of the CPU? I have had problems with the 364.

Some more long shots.

What type of cable are you using to connect? Straight or Crossover?
Have you tried both types with both PCs?

Is there a gateway set in the PLC configuration? Are you setting the same gateway in the PCs?

Have you tried pushing the PLC Ethernet Restart button between connection attempts?

I'm running out of thoughts.

Did you try the arp suggested by Steve Bailey?

Did you try both a straight and crossover cable with both PCs?

Are the settings for both PCs identical? Address, subnet and gateway?
The gateway should be the same as the PLC.

Did you try the Ethernet Restart pushbutton?

ARP didn't help, different cables produced the same outcome, setting are similar, no Ethernet restart button on the Ethernet card, this is an older card that only has the AAUI port on the bottom