Questions about programming with productivity suite software

AlecTek

Hello everyone, I am just starting to use productivity 2000/3000 and got some questions:

1) How could I get the modbus address of a tag if I dont assign it myself? when I export I can read from the csv file but is there an easy way to do it in the suite software?

2) How could i make a new program with some existing program's tasks? how could I export a task? or combine two programs together?

3) DL205 has an impressive feature that everything can be opened as a text file, does anyone knows how to convert the program of productivity to text and convert back?

Thanks in advance!

1) I think you must assign the Modbus address in order to be able to reference it from an external Modbus device.

I can't help with #3, but will be following to see if there is an answer.

To assign a Modbus address got to your Tag Database Select the tags you want (use the Ctrl or Shift buttons if you want more than one) then right click on MOD Start and select Auto Assign Modbus Address and the software will assign the address for you. Pretty cool feature.

I got another question:

4) when I copy paste a task from another program, some tags from that task will be automatically added to the tag database, but some are not. why? and how to add those tags?

Got 4):

If a tag name has '.' will not be imported to a struct enabled program.

Trick to change tag names: export tag names in csv and edit with excel, then import back, name will change - one name for one modbus address.