Edit a Click Koyo with Notepad++ or similar?

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone got any neat tricks to do some bulk editing on a Click Koyo program? I've developed a subroutine that I now have to duplicate 30 times, and increment all my C registers by 1 for each.

If this was Allen-Bradley world, I'd export to XML, do some copy/paste and find/replace in Notepad++ and re-import. Job done.*

In the Click software, I can't even copy and paste a subroutine.

Anyone got any neat tricks I could try?

*actually, in AB world, I'd have used an AOI, and I'd have finished this project two weeks ago. But what can you do :sick:

I would never have imagined the Click to have indirect addressing available. You learn something new every day around here.

Not sure if it will help me here though - this process is almost entirely discrete, and from a quick glance over your link I don't think that it allows indirect addressing on C registers. I'll have a play though.

For each of the 30 "station" I have three digital inputs (6x 16ch cards, with the last two channels spare), and then a series of timers and C registers. So station 1 will use, e.g.
C101
C201
C301
C401
C501
C601
T101
T201
T301

Through to station 30 which uses:
C130
C230
C330
C430
C530
C630
T130
T230
T330

And so on. I don't think indirect addressing will help me here, but I'm glad to have learned about it and I will do my darndest to prove myself wrong before I give up and knuckle down to several hours of manual copy/paste/increment.

Take a look at the 'Pack Copy' and 'Unpack Copy' commands. You will be able to convert the bits to words and back easily.
Break the timers down into different words and use the system clock bit flags for the time base rates. This way you will be able to utilize indirect addressing for you program.
(SC4 - SC9)

Just a few thoughts.
Regards,