GE Fanuc 90/30 Software Version

chrisgreg

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and to GE Fanuc so hopefully you can help me.

I have the code (as a zip archive) for a GE Fanuc 90/30 PLC but I have no idea what version of Proficy ME the software was written in.

I have opened the software by restoring it in both version 6 and version 8 of the proficy ME. It has opened up fine in both, and I can view the code.

Is there a way to find the version the software was written in and the firmware in the PLC? Or can you use any version to edit it?

Cheers

Since you could open it in version 6, it must have been written using version 6 or earlier. Once you save it with a newer version you won't be able to reopen the saved copy with older versions. A project can be opened with any version equal to or newer than the version it was saved in.
To find the version of firmware in the PLC, go online and look under the "Target" menu, "Online Commands", "Show Status".
If you are coming to GE from Control Logix or Compact Logix, be aware that the firmware version in the CPU does not have to match the version of Proficy Machine Edition.

Last edited: