Kinetix 6500 Safety Module Comm Error

go_bears

I am having faults on my Kinetix 6500 servo drives that read Safety Module Communication Error. The system consists of a 1756-L73S Version 20 Processor and a 1756-EN2TR/B Version 5.28. The network has powerflex 40Ps and 1734-AENTRs on it. The Kinetix modules are 2094-EN02D-M01-SO Version 2.18. It has one rack with 4 Axis. There are 7 powerFlex 40ps and 7 1734-AENTR racks on the this system.
The issue will come and go. we had the same issue back in March 2017. We then updated all the versions on the 2094s and the AENTRs. Now the problem has returned. We have similar machines that run the same componets that will have the issues also.
To reset the fault we either have to cycle control power or reset the module from RS5000.
Just wondering if anybody else has this same issue.
Thanks

My first step would be to view the EN2TR's web page by navigating to it's IP address in a web browser. Looking for things like utilization percentage, missed/rejected packets, etc. I don't have one of those modules handy, but I believe on ether the Bridged Connections or Application Connections, look for missed packets. On Ethernet Statistics, look for errors (Alignment, FSC, etc).

I looked at that and at the moment I have no errors or dropped packets. On the motion controller under the storm protection Diagnostics the Broadcast Storms counter is going up. There are no other errors.