Working and load memory

mass89

Hi,
I am looking for a guide on how much working and load memory I require for PLC CPU selection.

I am particularly interested in the s7-300 range but how do I know whether it is a 64kb working memory or a 1mb working memory cpu I require, same with load memory for the card.

Is there some sort of guide? I spoke to siemens and they may aswell have told me to just guess the size I need ;)

This will show you how much is required for program you have already produced won't it?
To get to that point you would have selected hardware already in the configuration (I think), Unless you can make a program without selecting hardware, then see how much memory required and then select the required hardware?

You can create your program with any S7-300 CPU and as already posted get the sizes from the blocks folder properties. Once you have created your program you can then select a CPU which matches your memory requirements.

On or around 2020 the S7-300 CPUs will be phased out but still available for spare parts (read much higher cost). I would consider an S7-1500 CPU for a new project.