Help with Mitsubishi file types

PLCRookie

All,
I have a Mitsubishi F940GOT-C HMI that I need to modify (as well as translate), and I am trying to find the uploaded file type definitions. I used the data transfer utility to upload from the HMI, and I got 2 files, one is xxx.F1, and the other is xxx.F1p. I can't seem to find the differences in the file types, and I cannot open either file with the software that I have. I know this is an older unit, and I may more than likely need to convert them to a newer type. At this point, my immediate need it to be able to finish documenting the PLC program, as there was no documentation with this machine, and what is left to document comes from the HMI. Any Mitsubishi experts out there?....

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: