Siemens S7 STL Question(s)

minerman

I have an FB that had about 30 rungs of LAD code. I switched views (ctrl+2) to add some additional networks and create some STL code. Now, when I switch back to LAD view (ctrl+1), I have 5 or 6 rungs that used to display as LAD, but now will only display as STL. I did not change them at all, when in STL view. Is there any way to get my LAD back? I understand it better.

Thanks!

You might be able to reconvert if you move the L's used in the previous LAD code to a free area.

If you need to assign new L's do it in LAD mode, then switch to STL and do the coding.

Kalle

Alright, it was only a few networks, so I just took 10 minutes to carefully redraw them in LAD. Thanks

Next question is probably an easy answer, but I can't find it in any of the help.

In STL, can you use a comparison instruction, followed by another instruction that will only execute if the result of the comparison instruction is true? The manual only shows examples with the line after the comparison instruction being an = instruction. Is that the only instruction allowed?

I want to do this...

<>I
JC Lbl1 (I Only jump to Lbl1 if above condition is true and not jump, otherwise)

This is ok?

Another question. In my FB symbol table, I have addresses in my TEMP symbols and my IN symbols that both start with 0.0. Is this a problem? What if I were pointing to location 0.0, which location would I be looking at?

Last edited:
They dont both start at 0.0 they start at 0.0 offset at db and at 0.0 offset at l stack (l memory area). L area (temps) must always be written to before read from.

Thanks, I understand now, but...

L area (temps) must always be written to before read from.

You're saying it will cause an error if I read from a STAT (also L area, right?) register at the beginning of my program?

That doesn't seem logical? Why would it prompt me for an initial value, if it's impossible to use the initial value?