accessing Siemens cp 343-1 IT via web browser

jenem

Hi

I am trying to configure the cp343-1 IT so I can access it through a web browser. I have sucessfully transfered data betwen two cp units using a crossover ethernet cable and everything is working correctly. ie data is been sent from one cp unit and read by the other one. However if I type in the IP address in the browser address bar eg http://140.80.0.1/index.htm,
I cannot see the default web page. has anyone any advice or step by step instructions or things I should be checking?

Thanks for any advice, tips or suggestions given.

Ed

PS Ethernet crossover cable pluged into laptop computer.

I had a similar experience because I was accessing the Internet over a proxy server. Just told the browser not to use the proxy for the address of the CP343-1IT and that fixed it.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jean Pierre,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunitly I wont have access to the CP343 unit until thursday so I cant try anything else until then.

I tried accessing the module using mozilla and internet explorer and I was getting "page not found" in both of the browsers.
Are there any steps that you follow and it should work ?
ie
configue network
configure this or that to enable access via browser ETc
Do you add the other pc to the network as "other ststion"?
Hope these are not stupid questions !!

Ed

Are there any steps that you follow and it should work ?
ie
configue network
configure this or that to enable access via browser ETc
Do you add the other pc to the network as "other ststion"?
No, you do not need to configure anything in Simatic Net. Just put the pages in as described in the info. The browser should find the pages straight away. I have seen you have posted in the 2002 thread about this subject along with someone else, so I suggest to do any further communication over there.

Kind regards,