Use Dual Monitors With Wonderware?

BertApex

I am new to using the wonderware software.

I am trying to create my application so windowviewer will run on dual monitors (Be able to view different windows on each monitor). I am wondering if this is possible, and how to accomplish this if it is?

Yes, it is possible with modifying the correct parameters. Below is some... copy & paste from WW support docs.
Settings: InTouch.ini

• ScaleForResolution=0
When set to 0, scaling and/or resolution conversion is disabled.
When set to 1, scaling and/or resolution conversion is enabled.
Note If this entry has not been added to the ini file, the default value is Enabled (ScaleForResolution=1).
This setting is used to keep the application resolution intact (for windows graphics) when migrating between machines with different resolutions as you would see in a MultiMonitor environment.
Note When this configuration is disabled (ScaleForResolution=0) you will be prompted to convert the resolution. However, the conversion will not occur.
Settings: Win.ini

• MultiScreen=1
  • MultiScreenWidth=1024
  • MultiScreenHeight=768
The MultiScreen setting can be set to 0 or 1 to disable or enable MultiMonitor functionality.
The MultiScreenWidth and MultiScreenHeight indicate the screen resolution for 1 monitor in the system.

InTouch Window Property Settings For MultiMonitor Display
These settings are configured by right-clicking on a window in WindowMaker and selecting Properties from the submenu.
The X and Y Location: values determine where the window will be placed in runtime (View). The settings are referenced from the upper-left corner of the window.
The Window Width- and Height: settings determine the overall size of the window.

As an example you can have a window configured with the following settings:
  • X location = 1025
  • Y location = 0
  • Window Width = 1024
  • Window Height = 768
In this example we have 4 monitors set in a side by side layout. The overall resolution is 4096 X 768. Each monitor has a resolution of 1024 X 768.
By setting the X location to 1025 and the Y location to 0, we have forced this window to show on the second monitor during runtime and cover the whole screen.

There are many methods for implementing multiple monitors in Wonderware InTouch. Using the ShowAt function, rather than the Show function for opening windows controls the location at which the window will open. You may also create "fat" windows that span multiple monitors. PopUp numeric entries and keyboards may also be configured in different ways. There are modifications available within the Intouch.ini file for these and you may also use third party keypads/keyboards in your application.

For anyone experiencing problems with pop-up graphic keyboards or numeric keypads with newer versions of InTouch, I would like to share the resolution that I found.

In a recent upgrade from 10.1 on Win 7 to 11.1 (2014 R2 SP1) on Win 10, My pop-up keyboards and numeric keypads in dual monitor applications would only open on the primary monitor. I checked my win.ini file to ascertain that it included the statements for MultiScreenSupport, Width and Height. They were correct, but what I didn't know is that there are actually two win.ini files that must be properly configured.

The first is in the Windows folder, and this is the one that I had configured correctly. The second win.ini file is found in the Users Folder:
C:\Users\"relevant username"\AppData\Local\Wonderware\win.ini

After adding the MultiScreenSupport entries in this win.ini file, my keyboards and keypads popped up on the second monitor when called from the second monitor, as expected.