Compact Logix L32E unrecognized by LINX

I have a compact logix L32E, and RSLinx is not recognizing the device. I am connecte d to it by a crossover ethernet cable. Ive used bootP to assign it an IP (192.168.0.1). I can ping the IP. When I used RSLinx (v 2.42) as ethernet devices (AB_ETH1), it sees the IP, sees the "online name" as "1769-L32E Ethernet Port). But, the device tupe is "Unrecognized device". The "status" is unknown. If I use ethernet/IP instead, it does the same, only it also sees the status of the device too. Still has "Unrecognized device" tho. Because of this unrecognized device, I cant select it as a path to download the program too. Or upload or go online for that matter.

I have rslinx gateway v2.42 and RSLoigx 5000 enterprise v13.0 on windows xp sp1

edit: Also, the read me for 2.42 say that the L32e is added in that revision.

Thanks

Matt

Despite the RSLinx 2.42 release notes assertion, this is probably just a missing EDS file issue.

It's easy to fix; download all the CompactLogix EDS files and register them. You can get them all from the Knowledgebase as

Document G58740202

similar

We didn't experience quite the same thing, but we did have troubles similar with a L55. We uninstalled Linx and reinstalled it. Worked after that.

I followed Ken's link but find no EDS files for the 1769-L32E. I am trying to build transactions to work with this processor in RSSQL 8.00 and RS Linx 2.50. It shows as unrecognized in Linx. Can You give me some insight? To this point our RSSQL / FTTM system has only worked with SLC processors. Thank You.

Not sure if that version of Linx supports this, but try right clicking on the CompactLogix and select "Upload EDS from Device" (or something along those lines).

Right click the question mark shown for the device on the RSWho tab in RSLinx. Click upload EDS from device. Follow on screen prompts.

you might also try searching the Knowledgebase for item 26315 ... access is "everyone" ... this one looks like it was updated just a couple of months ago ...