-=| Problem with SLC 5/04, WonderWare, and Phoenix Digital Fiber Card |=-

JuNGLisT

Problem:

Ever since we upgraded to fiber on our DH+ network, WonderWare has is giving us a communication status alarm from each PLC. The alarms come in and 15 seconds later back to normal. The alarms come in at random seems like. And since I added 2 more nodes on the highway the alarms come in more now.

Background:
  • 20 nodes DH+ at 230 baud rate
  • 1.25 miles distance
  • 13 SLC
  • 4 Panelview
  • 2 WonderWare PC
  • 1 AB program PC
My Observation:

Verify all SLC/PC with 82 ohm resistor
I took one of the WonderWare PC offline and notice that alarm clear up. WonderWare is looking at what they call "STATUS" tag, which is a bit from each SLC. I don't know what bit it is they are looking at.

Possible Solutions:

Possible polling issues with Wonderware.
Possible too many nodes on highway. I was going to slow highway down, but after talking to local AB tech guy said that might compound my problem, may make it worst.

Questions:

Has anyone encounter problems with there DH+ network with Wonderware and Phoenix Digital Fiber Module?

I welcome all opinions and comments regarding this issue.

P4100073_1.jpg

P4100074_1.jpg

FiberStatus.jpg

PLCStatus.jpg

With out digging into the Phoenix module manuals too deeply and looking at your fiber optic connection drawing, shouldn't the TX/RX pair of Channel A of one module go to the TX/RX pair of the next PLC? It seems as if your pairing of cables needs some swapping.

What is the polling rate of your I/O server? Are all your communications through one topic? If so, try to break up the topics and set different polling values.