VNC Server FactoryTalk View SE

elmatador

Hi everyone,

We have four third party industrial windows based touchscreens with FactoryTalk View SE. The plant control room will also have a FactoryTalk View SE system. The setup isn't a distributed HMI. I would like to be able to monitor and control the remote touchscreen HMI displays via the main FactoryTalk View SE screens in he control room. I would think this can be accomplished by simply installing a VNC server in the remote windows based touchscreen and a VNC client on the control room HMI. Can the VNC connection to the remote screens be embedded into the SE graphics in the control room?

I do this pretty frequently. You can use a script in FT to open realVNC from command line and just have a button on the screen to open and connect to the remote VNC server. No additional configuration should be needed in factorytalk on your remote terminals.
You may have to mess around a bit to get the vnc viewer to pop up "on top" on the central PC. I can provide more details if that is a route you want to go down.

Hi Codenamecody,
Could you please provide more detail on how to create a button with script to connect to RealVNC?

Thanks
Vu