pid tuning

I don't know what to put here

• or here

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • or here

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

ssullivan

Need help tuning pid loops using RSLOGIX 500 with a micrologix 1200 precessor. Any rule of thumb advice on gain , reset , etc??:(

PID help

For starters, understand that Gain is the reciprocal of Proportioning Band expressed as percentage of range. Next, understand what "range" is: In SLC500 PID block, this is defined by "SETPOINT MIN" and "SETPOINT MAX" (an unfortunate misnomer). You also have to be careful to remember that all the data going into and out of this block is in 14-bit format, not the usual 15-bit. If you need PID basics, there's a great little book at simplesolvers.com. The A-B PID block is very powerful, but tricky to use.
:)

Similar Topics

Hello, I am attempting to tune a PID loop on a process. The process involves a valve with electronic actuator that has quite a high deadband...
Replies
Views
so i have 4 25gpm wells feeding a 1000gal tank (T-1), with an additional 15gpm from a decant tank for 3hrs every 12hrs. P1 and P2 both controlled...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, yet another PID problem. I'm hoping I understand enough of the process I'm controlling that my request for help is reasonable. If a...
Replies
Views
A few months ago, I started to look into PID controllers and the tuning of first order processes. This has, partly thanks to you, resulted in a...
Replies
Views
I haven't had to tune a PID loop in a very long time. It's actually a PI loop for a pulse width modulation s.v. What was the name of that tuning...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom