TwinCAT remote OPC connection

hatchor

Hi All,

As you have helped me in the past, this is the first place I am looking for advice....I am not a PLC programmer, just local IT support guy trying to find out how I can get something to work...
I have a TwinCAT solution installed along with OPCSystems.NET software. I am trying to monitor the OPC Items in TwinCAT remotely, using the beckhoff OPC test client from a PC with no TwinCAT or OPCSystems software installed.
What do I need to register on the remote PC so that I can view the Beckhoff.TwinCATOPCserverDA on the server and browse the items (called leaves in this version of the test client). I realise there is going to be registry modifications, regsvr32 for the DLL's required, and possibly a /regserver to register the OPC server. I have tried but can't seem to crack this. Like I said, I know next to nothing about the TwinCAT software, as our company has always used SLC505's. Thanks for any responses, they will be appreciated! cheers

In general, the client PC must have "OPC Core Components" installed. This is a must for any OPC client; in addition, Beckhoff may supply its own specific components. For more information, look here: http://www.opcfoundation.org/Downloads.aspx?CM=1&CN=KEY&CI=280&EBP=0&SRT=ModificationTime&DES=Y&SE1=ReleaseStatus&FV1=Released&FT1=&SE2=&FV2=&FT2=OPC Core Components redistributable is a free download available either as .msi package or as a merge module.

On my PC, there are the following files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\OPC Foundation folder:

opccomn_ps.dll
opcenum.exe
opcproxy.dll
OpcRcw.Comn.dll
OpcRcw.Da.dll

In addition, in System32 folder, I have copies of the same files plus one more:
opcdaauto.dll

To be honest, I don't know which copy is actually being used.