Unable to communicate with PLC from FtV Studio 5.1

Riskinit

Recently I upgraded from FactoryTalk View Studio 3.2 --> FactoryTalk View Studio 5.1. Everything has gone relatively smoothly except for 2 tags.

I have my tags mapped out under HMI Tags, I have a graphic display under Displays, and I have the following command in VBA...

Code:
Application.ExecuteCommand ("&Set " & TAG_BASE & "searchID """" & myValue & """")

And this code seems to go through and is valid in 5.1 but the following error appears:

"Write operation failed for TAG_BASE.searchID (Error: General Error: Abbreviated type does not match instance type) on route ControlLogix in slot 0 of the chassis at x.x.x.x."

Note: The system works great on 3.2 but on 5.1 I can't figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

Similar Topics

Hi, i have fx5u plc. Want to communicate with citect scada. Have tried multiple protocol but it's not communicated. Can any one help in this topic.
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me getting this communications connection set up between KINCO GL100 and KINCO K508-40AR? I am using Port 1(RS485) on the KINCO...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently bought a AB micrologix 1100 plc as a bit of a project to work with at home but I'm struggling to get the plc to talk to the laptop...
Replies
Views
Hey, I have factorytalk studio ME version9.it will generate "unable to communicate with the factory talk linx server localhost" every time I try...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me getting this comms connection set up? I am using Port 2 on the Versamax ICU200UDR005-DK, set in SNP with port settings Baud...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom