Recoiler tension calculations

gareth_mint

First off let me say I know this might be the wrong place and I totally understand if the topic gets deleted, but this is the only engineering forum I'm aware of which gives great answers from people who's actually done the tasks.

OK so my question, how would you calculate the required tension needed to be produced by the recoiler on a single stand rolling mill?
I know the correct tension reduces the rolling mill force, I've read a book on rolling Mills and the only thing it tasks about with tension is that the correct and consistent tension needs to be applied to the strip.

Help?
Thank you
Gareth

Similar Topics

Dear all I need help to creat new system to control metal strip during recoiling Old system has buit in micro contrller and all I need to update...
Replies
Views
I am currently working on a site with a faulty Powerflex 755, we have a replacement but have no access to the parameters with no license for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, got a Siemens S7-1200 collecting data off one our furnace lines. I'm getting some interesting activity I'm working on cleaning up in...
Replies
Views
Hey all, One more Newbie Question I just posted up about the same exact line on a separate problem but I have a challenge that several of us at...
Replies
Views
Due to mounting space I want to mount a PLC IO module flat on its side next to the PLC so need a 120mm 2x12 24pin ribbon male to female cable to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom