HMI Screen Access Control Badge Scan Project

MitsM83

Hello,

In my spare time (hahah) I am working on a project to control access to a bunch of Proface HMI's. To meet some of our quality standards we have to keep track of machine setting changes and the operators right now can change them. I exported for lack of a better term the data to some spread sheets so we don't have to manually update them once a week, then I password protected the permanent save but people keep figuring out the password. Also sometimes operators have to change settings on the fly to keep the machine running, sometimes these changes are no good and it crashes a robot or breaks something. We (management) want to be able to limit access and track changes and who made them. I got the whole track changes limit access thing its the who made them that is getting me. Any ways to make a short story long anybody done any RFID badge readers to PLC or HMI with any luck? Mitsubishi Q series PLC and Proface HMI.

I got a USB reader from RFIDeas and hooked her to my trainer HMI... it works but a lot of clunky code for user data. I don't want to use MES either...

Thanks