slc5/05 (ethenet and rs232) comm to a panelview 600 with dh-485 (rs232)

veoteveo

Hello,:)

This is my scenario the ethenet of the slc is connected and the rs232 port is to be connected to the panelview.

will the panelview communicate this way to the slc?

now if it will do i use a staight through cable? or 2 to 3 pin crossover?

In doing this can my panelview run an application on another slc on my ethernet network (rslinx)?

My slc rack has also a RIO card, can this connect directly to another panelview with a RIO port?

With this set up can I read data from other plcs on my ethenet network and visualize these by creating an application on my panelviews?

Thats about a mouthful! I think my questiones are just about it for now...
thanks all
Saludos,
marcel from Buenos Aires...🍻

PanelView can communicate with SLC via serial cross cable (DF1 protocal) at the RS-232 port.

However the PanelView cannot communicate with other SLC on the ethernet network. To do that the PanelView need to had a ethernet port and all the devices are connected to a ethernet switch.

The SLC with RIO card can communicate directly to a PanelView with RIO port.