CoDeSys 3.5 SP4 and J1939 CAN Bus

jkcaldwe

Hey guys,

I am having an issue with a J1939 CAN bus in CoDeSys 3.5 SP4 that I have been trying to figure out all day. Essentially, the problem is that I am not able to receive a J1939 CAN message in CoDeSys. I am using a PCAN adaptor to send CAN messages to a display that is running CoDeSys. I can confirm that the messages are being received by the display (the display runs linux so I called 'candump' and can see the messages I am sending being received).

In CoDeSys I have added a CANbus device, a J1939 Manager Device and a J1939_ECU. I believe all the settings are correct but here they are:

Canbus device: set to network 0 and 250,000 bit/s to match the baud rate coming from PCAN.

J1939 Manager: Using the J1939Default database. This is the only option.

J1939 ECU: Preferred address is set to 0. The source address of the messages being sent from PCAN are also source address 0. The ECU Name is set to 0. I have added 1 TX Signal which is the EEC1 message (PGN: 61444). I want to receive the Engine_Speed message from PCAN. In PCAN I am sending the EEC1 message out (ID: 18F00400).

All I want to do is receive the PCAN engine_speed message I am sending out in CoDeSys and see the value update. I am able to build and run the project on the display. CoDeSys tells me that the CAN bus is active and running. It just seems to me that CoDeSys does not see the message or sees it and ignores it because there is some setting I am missing. I have been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong all day with no luck so any help or insight would really be appreciated. If it will help, I am able to post a project archive of the project, not that it is that complicted since it pretty much contains exactly what is described above. Alternately, if someone has a working version of a CoDeSys 3.X project with a J1939 CAN bus they would be willing to share it may help me to have an example.

Thanks in advance for the help. I really appreciate any insight offered.

Here is a project archive of the project I am having the issue with:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8018365/Untitled2.projectarchive

As stated in the original post, it is pretty basic. I have to assume there is a problem with some small setting in my J1939 CAN bus that is preventing CoDeSys from seeing or taking in the message.

The exact message coming into the display running CoDeSys is:

CF00400 [8] 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11

Where [8] I dont believe is part of the message but shows there are 8 bytes of data associated with the message. I think that the issue is somewhere in the identifier of the message so CoDeSys doesnt pay attention to it. I have no idea what it would be though.

I really appreaciate any help. Thanks.