Connect wireless laptop to a Compactlogix network

cirtcele

I have a very simple wired network using a L32E processor, panelview plus, HP switch and my laptop. I would like advice on what hardware is needed to connect my laptop wireless instead of plugging in the ethernet cable every time.

Simple wireless access point is all you need. You could also use a router as well, they usually have an "access point" mode, or you just have to turn of DHCP. Not much different then wireless at home.

HOWEVER, security is extremely important if this production equipment.

I was hoping something as simple as a netgear g54 router might work. Any other suggestions or advice on potential problems using this setup?

Similar Topics

I was given this task to connect out PLCs to the network wirelessly so they can use the data that is on the machines. I have ben given the...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody: I am trying to make wireless connection between HMI (eTOP507) and access point (router). Am thinking to connect wireless USB...
Replies
Views
Hello, friends, I am trying to upgrade a system that uses an Onrom incremental encoder (E6B2-CWZ6C) connected to a Danfoss VFD (FC360), but now...
Replies
Views
I will find cable series but I don't know for fs260 model, kindly suggestions and help to me for connect cable
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having difficulties trying to connect FactoryTalk View SE Local Station (V13.00) to MS SQL Server Express. I state that they are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom