RSLinx / Controllogix problem

mmw

My NT4.0 box running RSLinx 2.42.00 (build 18) will not allow me to browse past a 1756-ENBT module. I can "see" the ethernet module in RSWho, but when I click on the "+" to expand and drill into it, the "+" changes to a "-" (as I expect) but then just sits there and looks dumb. The driver Diagnostic Event Log has an entry stating "Can't read port type: no Harmony object for this Ethernet". I have already tried deleting the two harmony files, mentioned in one of Rockwell's tech notes. Not sure which direction to try next. Anybody else had this problem? Any thoughts (thoughts = solutions)?
Thanks.

First off what is connected to the Ethernet module? In some cases you need to ADD the Device so that it will be there.

Also how are you connected to the PLC, In my case I connect wireless thru a network and have to put a gateway in my ENBT card.

Need more information and maybe provide some help.

*Deleted due to saying the exact thing someone else said........ Gotta learn to read someday :)*

Last edited:
If you are using the ethernet/IP drivers try setting up a plain ethernet driver adding the IP address of your ENBT in the station mapping configuration. Then you will have another "path" to take. we have been having trouble with this off and on for some time now. Version 2.41, 2.42, and 2.43 have all done the same thing. When Ethernet/IP locks up, I am always able to gain access through good old standard ethernet driver.

Regards,
Charlie

Thanks for the responses guys. Let me address what many of you have suggested ...

operaghost: the ethernet module is setting directly next to a controllogix processor in the chassis. Yes, I can successfully ping the enbt.

Contr_Conn: I used the EDS Hardware Installation Tool and installed everything I could find. During the installation, the list of icons displayed the proper controllogix processor.

Bw/D: just connected on a plain ol' network ... nothing wireless involved.

chendrixon: I tried both the ethernet/ip and the standard ethernet driver, with the same results.

I have the same (RSLinx version) configuration on another pc that's running W2K and it works fine. Can drill into the controllogix chassis as needed. That's why I was suspecting that it might be an NT4.0 thing.

problem resolved ... corrupt and some missing backplane EDS files thanks again to all (Bw/D - you pointed me in the right direction)