Control Logix - Redundant Processors

SCRUFF

I have a PLC setup that is currently running two (A Redundant) Control logix Processors - a Primary and Seconday.

One important note to mention is that I am a newbie to Control Logix and this is my first Redundant Processors. I am trying to test the swapping of processors by disconnecting the fiber on the Primary Processor to see if the Secondary picks up. It does swap but the Secondary CPU does not swap to run mode. you have to physically select RUN for theSecondary and the same when swapping form the Secondary to the Primary.

Can any guru help me out on how to get the Processors (either one) to swap and come up running after the swap???

THANK YOU...

If the processors are set up correctly and both powered up, one should indicate primary the other secondary on the led display. Sometimes it takes a few minutes after power up to sync the two. The first chassis powered up will be the primary.

After the two are synchronized, kill the power to the primary and the secondary should automatically become the primary and continue running the logic as if nothing happened. When the power is restored, that PLC will sync back up and become the secondary.

If you disconnect the fiber connection, you are eliminating the synchronizing functionality of the two processors and it will probably go into some non-redundant state and unable to switch over.

If you want test switchover, then disconnect controlnet or ethernet cable, don't touch redundancy fiber.

If fiber disconnected secondary will disqualify and redundancy will not switch over if primary turned off.

Redundancy has to tasted by Killing power to primary, disconnecting the controlnet communication

Note:-
when changing the mode of the primary processor will also changes the mode of the secondary processor