Factory Talk Historian and View

rywins

I am new to Historian. I need to have trends which show data read from Historian in my Factory Talk View SE. I have the Historian and View SE on the same machine, connected to a PLC via ethernet (local Factory Talk).

I have read that Factory Talk Historian SE does not integrate with View SE (local)? What other methods can I use to read the historian data?

-Ryan

It is possible to get trend data to FTview from historian. You need to set up connection in project see attached photo. Then reference the Historian data in your trend. My data points show #x as I am passing in parameters reusing the same trend for multiple heat/cool zones.

Historian trend.jpg Historian Connection.jpg

Thanks for replies...

In Trend properties, I am not able to add a pen source from a historian server since I have a Site Edition (local) application. My only options are to trend live data or a data log model, which I do not have experience with. If I had a Site Edition (network) HMI, I think this would be a simple integration. However, I need some direction in creating a data log model...

Talked to an electric supply rep - it seems that FT View Studio 7.0 allows you to host your project on either the network or local directory, even if you only have a single workstation (with HMI and Historian). Since historian's data can only be accessed in a Trend using a network application, the problem is solved with an upgrade.

Your last post is the answer. You can now do SE Station connected to Network Directory.

Your problem is why they made this available from what I have heard.

RSL