Siemens Demo Software S7-300

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does Siemens have demo software (time limited perhaps) tha would allow me to program an S7-300-315-2DP.

Acutally the system is programmed, I would just have to support it for a day or two during a run off. Change an instruction here or there...etc.

Thanks,

There's no trial version for Step 7 Lite. Step 7 Lite is completely free, but you have to register (also for free). There are some limitations: you can only program S7-300, the only option you can install (but you've to pay these) are teleservice and simulation, and the file format is different from Step 7. The latter can be solved by generating sourcefiles in one package and compiling these in the other.

Kind regards,

The full version of Step7, if you have a copy lying around, will run with nag screens without a licence. If I remember correctly, up to V5.3 you can just install it and then run straight off (with nag screen, of course), with Version 5.4 (and later, presumably, when they come), you have to install a licence and can then deactivate it. If no licence has been installed, V5.4 will shut down straight after start-up. As long as a licence has been installed and deactivated (i.e., transferred back to another PC) V5.4 will run with nag-screens.