M258 RS485 Serial Communications

The polarization should only be on on the last device in the circuit... Hence the name "end of line terminator".

@Chud: My understanding is that polarization is bias, not dissipation (end of line termination).

Original Question: What happens when more than one device has polarization on?

Answer: During testing we verified that polarization adds bias between the lines; it is not recommended to have more than one device with polarization enabled on the same serial line; doing so can result in amplification of noise or too great of a voltage differential.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hey, i'm getting an error when i try to upload a program from a modicon M258 TM258LF42DT using eithernet. i tried using both SoMachine V4.1 and...
Replies
Views
i have plc modicon m258 its CANopen bus not running and give status on SoMachine v3.1 red triangle after i make download to it so please how...
Replies
Views
Hello All! I'm embarking on a new project and have been searching the forums to assist in what is looking to be a rather challenging task. We are...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, I am AVI , working on Schneider electric make M258 PLC. While communicating it with SO machine software v3.0, facing problem...
Replies
Views
I got brand new modicon M258, with extra DI, DO, AI, AO cards, part number TM258LD42DT4 willing to trade with ControlLogix 5000.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom