Honeywell HC900 "required device type DLL is missing or corrupted"

basheer1

Hello...

When I tried to download my configuration file to the HC900-C50S, I get the following error massage:
<< This operation con not be performed because a required device type DLL is missing or corrupted or does not have the required functionality to support the operation requested.
Platform type: 2 Product type: 9 Schema: 35 Feature Set:15 >>
I get this error massage also if I want to upload from the controller and/or setting the time & date, but at the same time I can change the controller’s mode successfully by the Designer Software. Also the controller responded correctly after loopback test for the TCP/IP network.
Please Honeywell users I need your assistance. why I can’t download my program?
I tried to use the RS232 connection instead of the TCP through a USB/RS232 converter but with no success.
The Mode Switch is properly set, the program file is saved as V6.002 as per the Designer Software 900W01-0060-00, the controller release no is HC900-C50S-0360-00. (non-redundant)
I tried even to download another program file written only in process sheet to avoid the Safety sheet inconvenience and assured all IO are properly connected in the program, but with no success.

It's been so long since I used serial, I can't remember the Gotchas. Why aren't you using the controller's default Ethernet port at 192.168.1.254?

How come you are not using Ethernet for the connection?
You may have wrong version of HC900 software or you need to upgrade the firmware on the C50 CPU to match the software you are using.
Do you know what the C50 firmware is loaded?
Maybe you need to upgrade the HC900 software are you using (i am on 6.3)?

I had a dll error when I upgraded my Designer Software to 6.3. I had to update the firmware on the C50.

Last edited:
I am actually using ethernet default port, I used the serial port check if i get different result, unfortunately both connections get the same result.

I can't identify which C50 firmware is loaded, because this need online monitoring, but C50 manufacturing no is HC900-C50S-0360-00 and also Ver. 6.300 is printed on the C50 microprocessor.

So do I need to upgrade the Software Designer (v6.002) in this case to match v6.300 of the C50 in this case?

Updating the development software is an Excellent place to start.

Updates are free downloads, but difficult to find

https://www.honeywellprocess.com/en...0-control-system/Pages/controledge-hc900.aspx

Open the software tab (on the far right) on the page at the link above.

You need the download called ”Upgrade-hcd-software-download-V6.300”

Install on top of the existing software. The update expects to find a licensed version already installed.

Last edited:
I am actually using ethernet default port, I used the serial port check if i get different result, unfortunately both connections get the same result.

I can't identify which C50 firmware is loaded, because this need online monitoring, but C50 manufacturing no is HC900-C50S-0360-00 and also Ver. 6.300 is printed on the C50 microprocessor.

So do I need to upgrade the Software Designer (v6.002) in this case to match v6.300 of the C50 in this case?

That C50 is pretty new...did you just recieve?
Yes you need to upgrade software...follow danw's link above..
I do not know if it was available in version 6.002, but you can now even setup base logic to run faster (choice of 100ms or 500ms) (original rate)

Last edited:
Hello...

When I tried to download my configuration file to the HC900-C50S, I get the following error massage:
<< This operation con not be performed because a required device type DLL is missing or corrupted or does not have the required functionality to support the operation requested.
Platform type: 2 Product type: 9 Schema: 35 Feature Set:15 >>
I get this error massage also if I want to upload from the controller and/or setting the time & date, but at the same time I can change the controller’s mode successfully by the Designer Software. Also the controller responded correctly after loopback test for the TCP/IP network.
Please Honeywell users I need your assistance. why I can’t download my program?
I tried to use the RS232 connection instead of the TCP through a USB/RS232 converter but with no success.
The Mode Switch is properly set, the program file is saved as V6.002 as per the Designer Software 900W01-0060-00, the controller release no is HC900-C50S-0360-00. (non-redundant)
I tried even to download another program file written only in process sheet to avoid the Safety sheet inconvenience and assured all IO are properly connected in the program, but with no success.

Your Processor firmware version is later than your Programming Software. You will need to upgrade the software (upgrade is a free download) and then save your configuration as the same version as your processor.

Thank you all guys for your assistance, as per your replies, my Processor firmware version is later than my Programming Software.
I have followed Danw’s link and upgraded the Programing Software to v6.300 from now I can download my program file and have full access to HC900 C50S controller
Many Thanks Again