PF753 Encoder Problem

I have a strange one for you guys. I have a PF753 with an encoder card, driving a Baldor variable speed motor with an encoder. It started flaking out, getting occasional loss of feedback faults. I found the cable at the motor to be damaged, so I ordered a new one and put it on this weekend. I was able to run without it, by using open loop feedback, and it worked fine that way. After I replaced the cable I was still getting open wire faults from the encoder card. I double checked my wiring (new cable had slightly different color code) and all was good. I looked up the encoder status and all the channel bits were indicating on (a, a not, b, b not, z, z not). I checked with my meter and they showed correct (on,off,on,off,on,off). I unplugged the cable from the encoder card and the channels all still indicated on, so I swapped the encoder card out with one from a working drive and have the same result. The only thing I did not change was the drive itself, but since the status comes from the encoder card I didn't think that would be it.

Anyone have any ideas or has seen this before? I sent a message to my drive guy at my distributor and plan on calling AB Tech Support, but I though I would give you guys a shot at it too. If we figure it out I will post the results here.

Thanks