Date and Time formating in PanelView Plus

paulB

We are collecting some data in Control Logix PLC. These data have associated date and time stamp obtained by GSV instruction and stored as DINT members of UDT. When displaying collected data on Panel View Plus screen, I would like to have uniform format dd-mm-yyyy, hh:mm. How to add leading 0 to displayed numeric values. I other words I would like to see 01-01-2011 instead of 1-1-2011 for date and 01:08 for time instead of 1:8.
We are using Factory Talk ME 5.1. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PaulB

We are collecting some data in Control Logix PLC. These data have associated date and time stamp obtained by GSV instruction and stored as DINT members of UDT. When displaying collected data on Panel View Plus screen, I would like to have uniform format dd-mm-yyyy, hh:mm. How to add leading 0 to displayed numeric values. I other words I would like to see 01-01-2011 instead of 1-1-2011 for date and 01:08 for time instead of 1:8.
We are using Factory Talk ME 5.1. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PaulB

Hm. I think that FT has an option on all numeric displays to show leading zeros.

Assuming it does, just set up a series of 2 digit numeric display objects, then show those with the leading zero. Yeah, you would have to buffer your time values into some PLC registers that were used only to send the time values to the HMI. There may be a better way, maybe somebody else can suggest a direct solution.

A cleaner option would be a text display with embedded variables. You can format each section (two digits with leading zeroes for example) and add the dashes and colons as needed.

Bernie,

Seems your solution will work. Insert embedded variable has option to fill left with zeros.

Thank you.